Systems Developer Software Developer C# Lims at South African Sugar Association
Permanent Intermediate position
Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal
Market Related salary
Job 2082422 | Ref 1293
Posted 09 Oct 2017 by South African Sugar Association
About the Position
SYSTEMS DEVELOPER (Software Developer / C# / LIMS)
Based in Mount Edgecombe (KZN), Autolab's development team build products for the exchange and management of laboratory and weighbridge information. The internationally recognized LIMS package we use allows for development in C# to deliver first rate software products to customers across many locations. As a small specialist department, we pride ourselves in being able to couple technical excellence in software engineering with a strong understanding of our customer's needs.
You will be involved in the development and implementation of software using C#, VGL and ASP .NET programming languages under the direction of the Senior Software Developer and Autolab Manager. You will provide network, application, Oracle database and operating system support to end-users.
What's in it for you?
For professionals who are serious about their careers, we have the following important benefits:
* Learn from other talented developers;
* Exposure to desktop applications, Portals, databases;
* We build careers around your talent - this isn't just a job;
* Friendly caring atmosphere, on-site canteen, Virgin Active in close proximity;
* We build products, we are not an internal IT department;
* Formal software engineering best practices.
You will be a highly motivated individual, able to work effectively within a team, in a dynamic and challenging business environment, with:
- A Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems
- C# Development experience
- Experience in any of the current SQL database management systems, preferable Oracle
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols and linking serial devices into computer systems will be an advantage
- An endorsement free code 08 driver's license.
Not only will you benefit from working in close collaboration with the rest of our highly skilled team; but if you enjoy the challenge of working in an environment where hard work is recognised and rewarded and where the focus is developing the whole you, then follow the application procedure detailed below.
Only applications submitted through our online job portal will be considered. Please visit the SASA website, careers page and point to 'To view and apply for one of the vacancies below Click here' to enter the portal. Please feel welcome to provide comprehensive information when making your submission as this will assist our short-listing process. Please ensure that you provide us with an indication of your current total guaranteed remuneration package and any variable benefits.
We will contact applicants who appear to best fit our requirements with a request that they provide a more detailed CV and furnish us with copies of their academic record. If you do not have a copy of your academic transcript, please could we suggest that you contact your university to obtain this.
SASA follows a comprehensive recruitment process that includes the formal assessment of cognitive abilities and preferred behavioural styles.
Aspects of SASA's Recruitment Policy applicable to this Vacancy
SASA recognises the need for employers in South Africa to contribute to transformation through active support for the provisions of the Employment Equity Act and Black Economic Empowerment legislation, and recognises the high level of unemployment in our country. Accordingly, our first priority is the provision of employment opportunities to South African nationals. Applications for employment by foreign nationals are considered only in the event that a comprehensive recruitment process has failed to result in the appointment of a suitable South African candidate.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Keep abreast of developments in the application software, database management and operating system software fields
- Provide specialised assistance to users with operational problems relating to systems, programs and date telephonically and by modem
- Set and achieve realistic work deadlines
- Travel to sugar mills when necessary
- design program logic and re-usable objects to meet specifications using an approved methodology where applicable with adherence to approved standards
- Codes programs using specified languages according to prescribed standards
- Work well in a diverse team environment
- Work independently on assigned tasks
- tests and de-bugs the programs to ensure correct operations
- writes operational and test functions to integrate serial devices into computer systems
- any of the current SQL database management systems, preferable Oracle
- software development life cycle
- serial communications protocols and linking serial devices into computer systems
- comprehensive knowledge of commercial software packages and operating systems (Windows 2008, Windows 7, etc)
- Software engineering practices such as object orientation
About The Employer
The South African Sugar Association (SASA) provides a diverse range of highly specialised services to the South African sugar industry and our activities are funded in the main by the sugarcane growers and sugar milling companies. Our mission is to provide specialist services that enhance the profitability, global competitiveness and sustainability of the South African sugar industry.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time