Administrative Assistant at South African Sugar Association
Permanent Intermediate position
Market Related salary
Job 2153603 | Ref 1333
Posted 09 Oct 2017 by South African Sugar Association
About the Position
SASRI has a vacancy for an Administrative Assistant in the Komatipoort office, providing full services to both Extension and Biosecurity in the Komatipoort region. Supporting Extension and Biosecurity involves basic office management, secretarial and data management. There will be a need to assist in the preparation and checking of documents in both English and Afrikaans.
This position will be suitable for someone who is residing in or around [URL Removed] we are looking to place a full day applicant, if you have a preference for a half day position, please indicate that in your application and the recruitment panel will consider it.
The following are the key performance areas of the job:
- Efficient handling of inward and outward communication with growers
- Typing of monthly/annual reports, correspondence, statistical data etc
- Spreadsheet preparation and management
- Processing and maintaining of records
- Minute taking at meetings
- Basic bookkeeping
- Receiving and dealing with incoming mail as appropriate
- Filing of all correspondence and documents, ensuring easy access to informationMaintaining and controlling stationery and office stocks
- Event co-ordination and liaison
- General administration of the office including reception duties
The successful candidate should have:
- A Secretarial and/or Office Management Diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English and Afrikaans.
- A minimum of two years' experience in secretarial duties and officeroutines.
- Good knowledge of MsWord and MsExcel is essential.
- Knowledge of Agriculture would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- be discreet when dealing with client information
- be self-reliant and capable for independent work
- carry out word processing, filing, mail-outs and banking
- communicate clearly and efficiently
- input information in prescribed formats (reports, mailing lists, accounts, etc.)
- interact with people at all levels
- order stationery and office supplies
- use MS Excel (intermediate)
- use MS Word (intermediate)
- work accurately and neatly
- work methodically and systematically
- attending and taking minutes of meetings
- data collection and analysis
- diary management
- filing and general office administration
About The Employer
The South African Sugar Association (SASA) provides a diverse range of highly specialised services to the South African sugar industry and our activities are funded in the main by the sugarcane growers and sugar milling companies. Our mission is to provide specialist services that enhance the profitability, global competitiveness and sustainability of the South African sugar industry.
Employer & Job Benefits
- Enjoy large company benefits supporting Extension and Biosecurity activities in the region. This position will give you an opportunity to use your established administrative skills in an agricultural context.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time