Tvet In-Service N6 Financial Management at South African Sugar Association
Contract Junior position
Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal
Market Related salary
Job 2229370 | Ref 1387
Posted 28 Jun 2018 by South African Sugar Association
About the Position
Do you hold an N6 Financial Management from a TVET college and need 18-months of quality work experience to qualify for your National Diploma? If you are an African candidate living in daily travelling proximity to Mount Edgecombe, Durban, you may be eligible for participation in our SETA-funded internship programme. You will join a committed team working in a highly professional environment and from day one you will be required to do real work. This will be entry-level work to begin with and over time you will be given more responsibility, all under the guidance of an experienced mentor. At the end of the 18 months, your log book will show that you have had sufficient experience to qualify for your National Diploma. At the South African Sugar Association (SASA) we have partnered with the SETA, FASSET, that is funding the in-service period of TVET graduates in Financial Management.
You will receive a monthly stipend of R3 500 for the first six months, increasing to R4 300 per month in your seventh month. At the end of 12 months your stipend increases to R5 100 and you will receive a completion bonus of R10 200. We offer a rich learning environment that will position the best applicant for future career success.
It is compulsory that you attach a copy of your CV, full academic record (N4, N5 and N6 certificates) and statement of results reflecting the marks you obtained for each subject.
Only applications via Career Junction will be considered. If you do not have an N6 in Financial Management, and are not South African and African, please note that your online submission will be automatically regretted.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- ensure that the requirements of SARS are met
- interact with people at all levels
- communicate clearly and efficiently
- be self-reliant and capable for independent work
- work under pressure & meet deadlines
- work accurately and neatly
- Understanding of the accounting entries
- working with accounting software (e.g Syspro, Pastel)
- work within a team
- prepare and process transactions
- follow up and resolve creditors related queries, in accordance with internal controls and procedures
- provide assistance to the Accounts Payable Assistants and Accounts Assistants
- file documentation
- reconcile payments and registers
- accounting and financial management
About The Employer
The South African Sugar Association (SASA) provides a diverse range of highly specialised services to the South African sugar industry and our activities are funded in the main by the sugarcane growers and sugar milling companies. Our mission is to provide specialist services that enhance the profitability, global competitiveness and sustainability of the South African sugar industry.
Employer & Job Benefits
- Do you have an N6 Business Management but need the 18-month in-service component of your qualification for a National Diploma in Business Management? We have a quality opportunity internship opportunity for you. You will earn a stipend while obtaining excellent experience in a highly-professional work environment at the South African Sugar Association.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time